cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swann Security Systems & Dropbox

Swann Security Systems & Dropbox

Valdaz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi ALL

After purchasing a complete Security System from Swann, part of the setup process recommended I open a Dropbox account to add a Cloud Upload feature for backup purposes etc.

After the installation was complete, I followed their suggestion and signed up initially with the  Free 2 GB Option.

I have had no issues at all until now - starting with Syncing issues with Dropbox, as of the 10th of this month (Sept 2020) No Pictures or Video have been uploaded to my Dropbox account.

I have tried a few suggested fixes in the Dropbox Community without any success.

What I have noticed is that part of the Free Service, I am entitled to 3 Devices, yet when I look at my Mobile Dropbox App > Manage devices, I only have 2 listed: 1. Android Phone & 2. My PC as it states in the above text "You Can Only Have 3 linked Devices" at the bottom of the page there are 2 options UNLINK or Link More Devices with Plus.

Could I please have some assistance in resolving this issue - any help would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Valdaz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you for your reply Daphne, I have corrected this issue by logging in with the NVRs account details rather than my own - everything seems to be working ok. Thanks again

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Valdaz, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Could you clarify for me, how is this app integrated with Dropbox? Are you using camera uploads to automatically upload these files?

If so, from which device are the files being uploaded from?

If you only see two devices connected, then you shouldn't have an issue with this. I can suggest double checking the connected devices from here if you'd like to make sure.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Valdaz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you for your reply Daphne, I have corrected this issue by logging in with the NVRs account details rather than my own - everything seems to be working ok. Thanks again

Method
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
How did you do that?
Mine use to work and now nothing.
I don't even remember how to save to drop box. I've removed the app from Dropbox apps and even re-added it.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Method New member | Level 2
    Valdaz Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?