cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between Dropbox Basic account (personal) and Dropbox Plus account (work).

Highlighted

Switching between Dropbox Basic account (personal) and Dropbox Plus account (work).

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have two dropbox accounts, one is Basic and the other is Plus. They have different email addresses and paswords.

Q1 - I can't figure out how to swap between the two accounts on the App. I appear to be only able to access the Plus account on the App currently. I can't find on the App where to sign out and sign back in with the other username (email)

Q 2 - If I'm in the online version of Dropbox, I can sign out of one and sign into the other, but they aren't linked. is there a way to link them? Or is that only available if one of the accounts is a Business account?

I've read the Help sections but the links I can find all refer to switching between Personal and Business accounts, which doesn't relate to me. 

Thanks,

Lynette64

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Switching between Dropbox Basic account (personal) and Dropbox Plus account (work).

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Lynette64,

You can access only a personal account "sticked" together with a business one in a single local context (i.e. in a single local machine user account) at same time. Any other combination is impossible. You can keep more than one personal (free, plus, professional) or business account on same machine, BUT in different contexts (i.e. while switching between different local accounts).

@Lynette64 wrote:

Q1 - .... I can't find on the App where to sign out and sign back in with the other username (email)

Take a look on Dropbox Preferences, especially on Account tab. There is button "Unlink this Dropbox..." or something like (next to your email in use right now). Pressing this button is like sign out. 😉 Next, you can sign in back using other email.

@Lynette64 wrote:

Q 2 - ... is there a way to link them? ...

As was noted above - No.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Switching between Dropbox Basic account (personal) and Dropbox Plus account (work).

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Lynette64,

You can access only a personal account "sticked" together with a business one in a single local context (i.e. in a single local machine user account) at same time. Any other combination is impossible. You can keep more than one personal (free, plus, professional) or business account on same machine, BUT in different contexts (i.e. while switching between different local accounts).

@Lynette64 wrote:

Q1 - .... I can't find on the App where to sign out and sign back in with the other username (email)

Take a look on Dropbox Preferences, especially on Account tab. There is button "Unlink this Dropbox..." or something like (next to your email in use right now). Pressing this button is like sign out. 😉 Next, you can sign in back using other email.

@Lynette64 wrote:

Q 2 - ... is there a way to link them? ...

As was noted above - No.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you!

That makes sense to me - I was trying to do the impossible.

Lynette64

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?