cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync and backup problems with DataVault

Sync and backup problems with DataVault

Rexthewolf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi 
First post - hope someone can help

I've been using DataVault for many years for storing passwords and other information. It has some form of integration with Dropbox to allow it to share data between my Android phone and tablet. Up to recently it has worked perfectly - but no longer.

When I add additional information to my Datavault on either my android tablet or android phone it will no longer sync nor can I backup to Dropbox. Dropbox is installed on both devices with the same login details but I keep getting the message

Dropbox Exception:com.dropbox.coreNetworkIOException:handshake failed. 

How do I fix this? Many thanks in anticipation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It is showing as a Dropbox issue but that error is showing as an error in the Dropbox link which is what they write in to their own software - so they basically use some code from here to connect the systems together. It sounds like there is an issue in that. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to ask DataVault I'm afraid - it sounds like an issue with their integration. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rexthewolf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Already have yesterday, no reply as yet, but I thought the error message quoted indicated a Dropbox issue??

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It is showing as a Dropbox issue but that error is showing as an error in the Dropbox link which is what they write in to their own software - so they basically use some code from here to connect the systems together. It sounds like there is an issue in that. 

Rexthewolf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

OK I'm not a softwares person but understand the logic of what you say. I'll go back to them tomorrow but their responce  time in not great. Ireport back if I get a result 🙄

MegaloMegaloDon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have the same issue and have been waiting about a week for a reply from Ascendo. 

Rexthewolf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Well good luck with getting a reply. I've sent 3 emails to Ascendo over the last month and nothing. This app is still being sold on the Play Store but there is absolutely no support.

Like everyone else I have a lot of important information on DataVault and am looking into alternatives. I have bought Password Safe but think that transferring the data from one to another is going to be a headache as categories and templates are different on both apps

MegaloMegaloDon
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I tried to migrate to Lastpass but the import was all wonky with the mappings. Going to end up doing a manual transfer.

Rexthewolf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
That's the biggest problem isnt it. When I get time I'm going to try downloading all my DataVault data to a spreadsheet and set it up manually also. Its criminal that they are still selling it on Play Store. My wife only has hers a few months

jbitson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue receiving an error message when trying to sync to my Samsung phone using DataVault. I am having no problems syncing with my iPad. I was able to sync to my phone using the wifi option. The wifi option is not as convenient as the Dropbox method, but is more secure and works well. I am a bit nervous that Ascendo is going to discontinue the app so I have exported all of my entries to an Excel file and begun looking for a replacement app. So far 1Password seems like the best candidate. It's a shame that Ascendo is dropping the ball, I love the app and have used it on all my devices for many years. I hope they can respond with a fix soon! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KWEtch New member | Level 2
    NickDV Explorer | Level 3
    Rexthewolf Helpful | Level 5
    MegaloMegaloDon Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?