cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync folder on mac is empty but show folder size of 23gb

Sync folder on mac is empty but show folder size of 23gb

pwphotography
New member | Level 2

Hello, hope someone can help. I've been using dropbox for many years to receive photographs for my freelance photographers. One of my guys has sent me their files and all are showing on the website and the sync fold on my make is saying there is 23gb of files, however, the folder is empy. Looks like the images are there but invisible. Has anyone experienced this and any solutions, very frustrating?

Regards

Paul

6 Replies 6

Re: Sync folder on mac is empty but show folder size of 23gb

Mark
Super User II
What is the Dropbox icon on the status bar saying? Its possible they are still downloading and what you are seeing is the cache.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

pwphotography
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark, it's showing 'Up to date' Some files have appeardbut there is one filder with around 400 images that are on the website but not in the sync folder, very strange?

Mark
Super User II
www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check ?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

pwphotography
New member | Level 2

All good, nothing reporting

Mark
Super User II
The only other thing I can think of is to unlink and relink Dropbox to see if the database is corrupt. That will rebuild it and download anything missing.

pwphotography
New member | Level 2

I'll give that a try, thank you

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pwphotography New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?