cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sync new account with dropbox PC - No preferences option

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am trying to add and sync a new account to my dropbox PC application. Other forums tell me to click on dropbox --> click the gear icon --> select preferences. But there is no preferences option when I select this. I have tried deleting the dropbox and reinstalling but the same issue remains. 

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Sync new account with dropbox PC - No preferences option

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Ahh

Could you please send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what the Dropbox icon that’s next to your clock reads when you hover over it, as well as what you see when you:
  1. Select your Dropbox icon.
  2. Click on the gear icon that on the top right-hand corner of the Notifications menu.
Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have worked out the issue. Thanks though!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad to hear that, @Ahh! Would you mind sharing what worked for you or what steps you followed? 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hey can you please share how you solved this for those of us experiencing the same issue?
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Slagathor420, sorry to hear that you’re also having trouble with this. 

Would it be alright with you if we troubleshooted this until @Ahh gets back to us?

To be more precise, it’d be very helpful if you could send me a screenshot (without sensitive info) of what the menu looks like after selecting the gear icon in your Notifications menu. 

Let me know how you’d like to proceed!

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello! Yes thank you for your assistance. Do I have to upload the screenshot and create a link in order to share it with you?

When I click the gear icon I am only given the following options in the Settings:

Account, Security, Cache, Feedback, About

I am actually just trying to enable Smart Sync on my Surface Pro in order to save space. The 'Smart Sync' option is also unavailable from the drop-down menu when I right-click on my folders in my Finder, and I cannot do it from the desktop app as I cannot access the preferences.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me, @Slagathor420

Could you send me the screenshot showing where you see these options so that I have a better visual of what you’re seeing? 

You can either send me the shared link of the screenshot or attach it in your next reply using one of the following options:

Attach image.png
Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?