cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync new account with dropbox PC - No preferences option

Sync new account with dropbox PC - No preferences option

Ahh
New member | Level 2

I am trying to add and sync a new account to my dropbox PC application. Other forums tell me to click on dropbox --> click the gear icon --> select preferences. But there is no preferences option when I select this. I have tried deleting the dropbox and reinstalling but the same issue remains. 

7 Replies 7

Re: Sync new account with dropbox PC - No preferences option

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Ahh

Could you please send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what the Dropbox icon that’s next to your clock reads when you hover over it, as well as what you see when you:
  1. Select your Dropbox icon.
  2. Click on the gear icon that on the top right-hand corner of the Notifications menu.
Thanks in advance! :grinning:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ahh
New member | Level 2

I have worked out the issue. Thanks though!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Glad to hear that, @Ahh! Would you mind sharing what worked for you or what steps you followed? :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Slagathor420
Explorer | Level 3
Hey can you please share how you solved this for those of us experiencing the same issue?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Slagathor420, sorry to hear that you’re also having trouble with this. 

Would it be alright with you if we troubleshooted this until @Ahh gets back to us?

To be more precise, it’d be very helpful if you could send me a screenshot (without sensitive info) of what the menu looks like after selecting the gear icon in your Notifications menu. 

Let me know how you’d like to proceed!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Slagathor420
Explorer | Level 3

Hello! Yes thank you for your assistance. Do I have to upload the screenshot and create a link in order to share it with you?

When I click the gear icon I am only given the following options in the Settings:

Account, Security, Cache, Feedback, About

I am actually just trying to enable Smart Sync on my Surface Pro in order to save space. The 'Smart Sync' option is also unavailable from the drop-down menu when I right-click on my folders in my Finder, and I cannot do it from the desktop app as I cannot access the preferences.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me, @Slagathor420

Could you send me the screenshot showing where you see these options so that I have a better visual of what you’re seeing? 

You can either send me the shared link of the screenshot or attach it in your next reply using one of the following options:

Attach image.png
Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Slagathor420 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?