cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync status timer, desktop application

Sync status timer, desktop application

denisePh
New member | Level 2

I'm using the Dropbox desktop app on my Macbook Pro. Until recently, when I was syncing/uploading a file to a Dropbox folder, I'd be able to click on the Dropbox icon in the task bar at the top of the Finder window, and the app would tell me how much longer syncing would take. Now it just says the file is syncing, and there's a progress bar to show that it's working, but I no longer get a time estimate of how long the process will take.

Also, there used to be a small icon in the Finder window that was green or blue, to indicate whether the file was still syncing or sync was complete. 

I found that information very helpful. Is there a way to restore it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sync status timer, desktop application

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there, @denisePh.

The time left feature for syncing was removed in a recent update. We have had a lot of feedback on this thread here. We have made sure to pass along the comments regarding this feature to our dev team for review and consideration.

Also, you referred to the sync icons not appearing in your finder window next to your files. Please can you try the steps below and let me know if this resolves the issue:

1. Click on the Dropbox icon from your menu bar and quit the application 
  2. Open your Activity Monitor from your Mac Utilities folder
  3. Force quit the instances of the Dropbox app that are running
  4. Re-start the Dropbox desktop application from the Applications menu
  5. Click on the Apple icon in the top left of your screen
  6. Click on "force quit”
  7. Relaunch the finder

If this does not resolve the issue, then please uninstall the app and then reinstall the current version by downloading from here and then running the installer.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter. Let me know how this goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Sync status timer, desktop application

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there, @denisePh.

The time left feature for syncing was removed in a recent update. We have had a lot of feedback on this thread here. We have made sure to pass along the comments regarding this feature to our dev team for review and consideration.

Also, you referred to the sync icons not appearing in your finder window next to your files. Please can you try the steps below and let me know if this resolves the issue:

1. Click on the Dropbox icon from your menu bar and quit the application 
  2. Open your Activity Monitor from your Mac Utilities folder
  3. Force quit the instances of the Dropbox app that are running
  4. Re-start the Dropbox desktop application from the Applications menu
  5. Click on the Apple icon in the top left of your screen
  6. Click on "force quit”
  7. Relaunch the finder

If this does not resolve the issue, then please uninstall the app and then reinstall the current version by downloading from here and then running the installer.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter. Let me know how this goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?