cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing hangs every few days on Windows 10 Pro. System tray just says "Syncing..."

Syncing hangs every few days on Windows 10 Pro. System tray just says "Syncing..."

drb01
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox used to work perfectly on this 2 year old Win 10 PC. But a couple of months ago syncing started hanging for no obvious reason. Every few days the icon in the system tray just says "Syncing..."., but it never actually uploads the files. The only way to get it syncing again is to quit (which can take minutes) and then restart Dropbox.

- There is no warning - I have to look at the Dropbox system tray icon. 

- I have tried "View Sync Issues" which says no errors

- I have tried "Fix Permissions" and "Fix Hardlinks" which makes no difference.

- I am currently using v115.4.601

- I tried re-installing Dropbox which made no difference

Any ideas anyone? 

3 Replies 3

Re: Syncing hangs every few days on Windows 10 Pro. System tray just says "Syncing..."

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @drb01, thanks for reaching out!

Do you possibly have any antivirus software or firewall, running on this computer? 

Could you check to see if any Dropbox domains are being blocked by any of these services you might have running on your computer?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Syncing hangs every few days on Windows 10 Pro. System tray just says "Syncing..."

drb01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi - I only use Windows' built in antivirus and firewall software , and I haven't made any changes to their standard settings. Nevertheless I checked and Inbound Rules lists Dropbox and has "All" "Enabled". 

NB This problem only happens every few days, but once it has stopped syncing then it doesn't start again unless I restart Dropbox.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for checking on that @drb01!

I'd like to have a look into this with you further alongside some device specific info, so I've just sent a message to the email linked with your profile here.

Please check your inbox and get back to me there when you have the chance - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    drb01 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?