Dropbox used to work perfectly on this 2 year old Win 10 PC. But a couple of months ago syncing started hanging for no obvious reason. Every few days the icon in the system tray just says "Syncing..."., but it never actually uploads the files. The only way to get it syncing again is to quit (which can take minutes) and then restart Dropbox.
- There is no warning - I have to look at the Dropbox system tray icon.
- I have tried "View Sync Issues" which says no errors
- I have tried "Fix Permissions" and "Fix Hardlinks" which makes no difference.
- I am currently using v115.4.601
- I tried re-installing Dropbox which made no difference
Hi - I only use Windows' built in antivirus and firewall software , and I haven't made any changes to their standard settings. Nevertheless I checked and Inbound Rules lists Dropbox and has "All" "Enabled".
NB This problem only happens every few days, but once it has stopped syncing then it doesn't start again unless I restart Dropbox.