cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing isn't working automatically on Catalina

Syncing isn't working automatically on Catalina

brcby
Helpful | Level 5

Same issue here, just upgraded macos to Catalina and dropbox wont instantantly sync files. Dropbox version - 82.4.155. You need to pause/resume to get new/updates files synced but not automatically as it was before. 

111 Replies 111

Re: Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15

Jane
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out @brcby, what you’ve been describing us seems unexpected.

If it’s not too much trouble for you, can you let me know whether the status has been progressing in any way or it’s stuck & that’s why you have to unlink & relink to update your latest changes?

Any detail &/or visual aid you could include on this discussion would be very helpful (omitting personal info please), so as to have a look & further advise on this matter.

Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

yetson
Helpful | Level 6

same here -- MacOS 10.15 sync doesnt work!

Stops showing any progress and all files to sync are in queue! Tried latest stable & beta versions - both the same problem. Unlink & relink doest help.

Please advise

yetson
Helpful | Level 6

Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 19.25.52.png

brcby
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, unlink / link hasn't worked out. I still need to manually pause / start to see files updated in web interface of dropbox.com 

Tshu
Helpful | Level 5

It seems like Symbolic link not work correctly. Files in Dropbox folder can sync correctly after changing.

brcby
Helpful | Level 5

@Tshu, spot-on! My whole dropbox setup is made of symbolic linking, I just tried to update the file within physical dropbox folder and sync works like a charm. @Jane please communicate our findings to devs. Thanks!

bags
Helpful | Level 6

+1 to still not working properly. I'm sure Dropbox will make the right fixes!

Syncing issues in macOS Catalina

thonyg
Helpful | Level 5

I am running macOS Catalina and Dropbox won't automatically sync. Pausing/resuming sync will manually sync files (as will restarting) but automatically syncing from computer to dropbox isn't working.

Re: Syncing issues in macOS Catalina

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @thonyg, thanks for posting us your findings! 

I’ve merged your thread under this conversation, as we’ve been discussing it here previously & I’d like to see if there’s a common factor that’s affecting everyone. 

If that’s okay with you, can you confirm whether you’re using Symlinks @thonyg 
& @yetson? I can see that @Tshu & @brcby are using those in their setup, so it would be worth noting that as of mid-2019, Dropbox no longer follows items outside of your Dropbox account that are linked to by a symlink.

That being said, I’d suggest removing the link or move the files in Dropbox instead & see if there’s an improvement as the best next troubleshooting step. 

Once you do, please let me know of the results here & I’ll follow-up with you soon! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?