Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Syncing multiple internal Hard drives

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox,

Please help!

We have recently purched your business account for our small studio, it is working fantastically for our synology but I am currently unable to get it to do what is needed on our workstations. 

Our workstations have multiple internal hard drives and these also need syncing. I have installed dropbox on the C drive of our test work station but I need to back up work from the E and G drives. These drives have folder systems that are already set up the way we want it so I just want Dropbox to sync those drive or folders in those drives so they can be accessed remotely. 

The C drive only has the operating system on it and is not large enough to host duplicates of the material on the other drives. I see that I could move the dropbox folder to one of the other drives but this would not address the isssue that I need to sync from more than one drive and would also mean that I would have to move all the folder on that drive into the dropbox folder so this would not be appropriate. As synology is able to do this I am guessing it must also be possible in windows 10 but I cannot find the solution. Can you please tell me a solution that addresses these issues as I have not managed to find an answer in your help files. 

Many thanks

Jem

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Syncing multiple internal Hard drives

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hello @JemGrim , 

Thanks fore sharing details for your set up and how you want Dropbox to work for you. 

Dropbox could sync from multiple hard drives of the same device for you. To do this, you can install Dropbox in multiple user profiles of your computer. You can take the steps to move each Dropbox folder of these profiles to another drive of this computer and upload files from there.

Alternatively, have the Dropbox installed once to the drive that has more space. Use selective sync or Smart Sync to save space on this drive and manually drag and drop the files from the other drives to your local Dropbox folder. 

Let me know if this worked for you and if you have any questions. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?