cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing stuck in pause.

Syncing stuck in pause.

Mercman80
Explorer | Level 3

I have Dropbox basic. Originall installation allowed 5 devices with 5GB space.  Installed dropbox in new computer now has 3 devices with 5GB data.

Shortly after installation message appeared that space nearly full.  I looks like that Dropbox synced with my PC and started to upload everything is could find until my space wast full.

It is now paused in sync.  I have set it to never sync. I can't see what is uploaded on my pc, but I could on my Ipad.  I deleted most of the file from the iPad, but that is not reflected on the PC.

How to unlock the "syncing paused" message on the drop icon on my task bar.?

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the follow up @Mercman80.

As you've done most of the troubleshooting so far, could you try these steps to restore your file paths and let me know how it goes?

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mercman80
Explorer | Level 3

Walter,

I checked out the suggestions but i no longer have a documents folder on the PC, it is only visible under Dropbox and therefore ther is nothing I can do.

I see from other posts that this is a common problem with Dropbox setting the default to Backup.

The dropbox icon on the task bar is showing " uploading 1,556 files can't sync as dropbox is full"

The syncing needs to be stopped, and the only one who can do that is YOU at dropbox.

My files are trapped in Dropbox and the only people how can release them is YOU, unless you are not a Dropbox employee, just a community helper who is "flying the the seat of your pants" with suggestions that obviously don't alway work.

As this is common problem I would have thought that Dropbox would have clear, consise steps that would restore the files back to the PC without trying this or that.

There is no facility to contact an actual Dropbox help desk, other the community one.

I want my files back and I expect Dropbox to release them without me having to spend endless hours trying this and that.  I am not a computer expert. 

When trying to copy the files back a message comes upthat "the files properties have been changed so they can't be copied to the new location". Check of the message would indicate it has something to do with change of properties when the files are loaded onto dropbox. This being the case, you should be able to change the properties so the files can be copied back.

Please, no more try this or that, if you can't give a immediate fix, please pass to a technician who can.  

I await you early response.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
I appreciate your feedback on this @Mercman80

I've also sent you an email so that we can investigate further. 

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Finels
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem and so fed up trying this and that. I would like my files released back to the original place. I have the basic Dropbox and it is saying that it is full. I don’t want to pay for more space as I just want to use Dropbox for receiving files from other people as that is what I had before I got a new laptop. Please help me out on this terrible situation. I would have thought Dropbox would have clearer instructions. I think it’s terrible that an app can do this and not allow you to get your files back to where they belong.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Finels Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Mercman80 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?