cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systray application ONLY shows Couldn't Load Content - Windows 10, third machine...

Systray application ONLY shows Couldn't Load Content - Windows 10, third machine...

ChrisHaines
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have successfully installed Dropbox on other machines plenty of times.
On my main desktop when I install it works, but when I click the systray icon to change settings all i get is a white box with "Couldn't Load Content".
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, waited weeks and tried again... I can't make this work.
It's can't be a firewall issue (I don't block outgoing and have allowed Dropbox application).
Any suggestions please?
Otherwise it's as much use a chocolate teapot...

Thanks 

Chris

3 Replies 3

Re: Systray application ONLY shows Couldn't Load Content - Windows 10, third machine...

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @ChrisHaines, I'd be happy to help look into this with you. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, did you make sure to install with admin privileges?

If you did, could you clarify if you were able to sign in to your account?

If you could send me a screenshot of the error message that you're getting, that would be super helpful. 

Give me a shout whenever you have any updates on this, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Systray application ONLY shows Couldn't Load Content - Windows 10, third machine...

Maxbbb99
New member | Level 2

Got the same issue.  

Couldn't load content when i click on the taskbar icon.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Maxbbb99, if you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?