cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text string search in txt file contents on iPhone

Highlighted

Text string search in txt file contents on iPhone

Explorer | Level 4

Hello! 

Can someone tell me if there's a feature in iPhone Dropbox app to search a text file contents for a specific string?

To be more precise: my passwords are stored in a text-file in dropbox. When I need one on iPhone I have to manually search for hundreds of strings with application passwords. Is there a way to do that like in browser with Ctrl+F? I just enter, for example, "Firefox" and it just finds a place in file with it

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Text string search in txt file contents on iPhone

Helpful | Level 6

As far as I can tell, the app is missing this feature. I posted a request for this in the Dropbox forum if anyone wants to piggyback on that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

As far as I can tell, the app is missing this feature. I posted a request for this in the Dropbox forum if anyone wants to piggyback on that.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

This is stupid - the problem is NOT solved, the can is kicked down the road as a "post for request"...  This type of functionality should be included - it's 2018, not 1992.  DropBox has possible the worst search engine on the planet.  They should be at least as good as Evernote, which has the best...

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Use DocstoGo plus. It syncs with Dropbox and lets you edit and search all sorts of txt and office file types- and view pdf as well. The only iPhone app I purchased!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?