cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Unlink window does not have an OK button

The Unlink window does not have an OK button

New member | Level 2

DROP.png

11 Replies 11

Re: The Unlink window does not have OK button

Dropboxer

Hi @gikLLL - welcome to our Community!

Can you please reboot your computer and let me know if you're still seeing this?

On a side note, do you happen to use a second monitor on this computer or a resolution other than the default one on the screen you're seeing this?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Super Collaborator | Level 20
<p>... In addition, You can remove/unlink particular device(s), you want from here: https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/account/security :winking face: Scroll down page.</p>

New member | Level 2

Rebooted - and it didnt help. I do not use second monitor.

Thanks

Dropboxer

Thanks for trying this out for me @gikLLL!

Would it be OK with you if I reached out via your Dropbox email address to have a further look into this?

In the meantime, as @Здравко mentioned, you can use your account's Security page to unlink any unwanted devices. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

"You must unlink a device" - no way to proceed

New member | Level 2

I have a PC, a laptop and a phone. With recent changes to Dropbox's linked devices, I can only have 3 devices at one time linked. My newest device, my laptop (replacing an older laptop) is not currently linked.

If I try to start Dropbox on this laptop (the physical application), it prompts me to sign in and begin setup.

It then notifies me that I must unlink some old devices to proceed, and gives me a list of devices.

I can choose to unlink the devices, but there is no way to actually proceed - no "Next" button or anything. I can only close the window and end setup, and the only link on the page is to upgrade, which I do not want to do. Am I missing something?

Re: "You must unlink a device" - no way to proceed

New member | Level 2

This is the page it takes me to. It looks as though the list continues off the bottom of the window, but there is no way to scroll or enlarge.

It is possible the buttons to proceed are hidden below, but I obviously cannot access them there if it fails to display like this.

Dropbox no way to proceed.png

Dropboxer

Hey @JWilkes, I hope you're well today!

Since you're having trouble unlinking your old devices from there, I'd suggest trying to unlink them from your account settings online. You can find the steps here.

Let me know if this does the trick!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

Thank you.

Changing the settings online allowed Dropbox app to boot normally and successfully install itself.

Dropboxer

I'm happy to hear that @JWilkes!

If there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here.

Have a great week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?