cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sync stuck

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I am sorry to hear this @bmurray - this seems odd. 

As  this now turns to be a connectivity issue, can you please restart your computer and router and let me know if this persists? Another thing I would do if I were you, would be to test this network from another device ( if possible). 

You should also ensure that your local network connection settings allow access to Dropbox domains.  Should you find yourself within a corporate network and you're not actually sure if the Dropbox domains are accessible on this specific network, you may need to contact your company's network administrator or IT. You can view this list of domains used by Dropbox on  this Dropbox Help Center article here.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you!!!! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Exactly what solved my Problem, almost immediately!! Thank You!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad to hear this helped @Jerrilyn & @Ai02 - thanks for letting us know!

Should you ever come up with a question we can assist with, feel free to reach out.

Thanks for using Dropbox and have a wonderful weekend ahead too!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Wow this worked for me and I was very skeptical that it would. My file names were indeed long and the nesting within subfolders aggravated the situation. I just moved the suspect folder one level up and voila -- success! Thanks for posting this and helping me solve my problem!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I found it to be a user permission on the drive itself after updating to windows 10 - resetting the master permissions of the drive solved it for me:

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Problem solved, one path being more than 4 folders deep on a Mac was causing the issue. Whatever software bug is the culprit, it's still a problem as of 10.2.19

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Oh my word.... THANK YOU! for sharing this. I've had Dropbox stuck literally for MONTHS at "syncing 33 files", and nothing I've tried - including stopping/restarting, and even uninstalling/reinstalling Dropbox - has solved the problem. The ironic thing, however, is that when I started "drilling down" to see if maybe I had some files "buried" too deeply, I decided to start with just two images that were only buried two folders deep; each image, however, had a lengthy file name pieced together with hyphens (for example: this-is-a-deskto-wallpaper-image.jpg). I shortened both file names to a single word, and within seconds, both file names had the green arrow AND Dropbox showed that beautiful "Up to date" message! Where the other 31 files were, I have no idea, but apparently these two .jpgs were "clogging the lines". I've scoured the internet trying to find a solution, and yours post actually solved the problem for me! Again, THANK YOU for sharing this!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Heck, same problem here.

"Uploading 1 file, Downloading 4 files (LAN) 0.0Kb\sec, 2+ days".

Same thing with LAN sync disabled.

It would be VERY helpful if the popup window showed me the files being synced at the moment, so I could identify them and do smth about it. Instead, this popup shows For you (absolutely useless) \ Recent (where I'd expect to see smth that is being synced, but it's not there) \ Notifications (also not helpful here at all).

What is particularly upsetting, is that - if I remember correctly - previous versions of dropbox client showed me the names of files currently being synced.

I don't feel like removing all devices from synced list and connecting them back again as suggested in some posts, I have better things to do with my time.

PS who was the bright mind that decided that RMB-click on the trayicon should - instead of calling up the normal popup menu with preference etc - work same as LMB-click, and moved the popup to the profile dropdown?

===

UPDATE

Had to browse the dropbox folder manually to see which files had the syncing overlay icon. Found a folder shared with me which appeared to be stuck. Removed it, Dropbox suddenly told me it was syncing a huge number of files, synced them all, now it's green.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox is stuck syncing

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I had same issue on a Linux desktop system.

I stopped the client, and removed all the files with name /tmp/dropbox-antifreez-UNIQID.

After I started again the app it works as well.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?