cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The desktop app is stuck syncing files and keeps crashing.

Re: The desktop app is stuck syncing files and keeps crashing.

Froyok
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, it is solved for me. I'm not crashing anymore.

As I mentioned the app crashed once after getting back on the stable release and then it started worked normally again. I didn't do anything other than reinstalling dropbox (with the installer from the website) after making sure I opted out from betas in my account settings.

I'm on version 89.4.278 now and it's stable.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey peeps! 

Thanks for the info @AngstromZA, I've reached out to your email to look into this further with you. Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

I understand that you're frustrated @DarseZ, I'd be more than happy to help you with this. Since each user has a different device, there are many factors that can affect syncing.

Would you like me to reach out to your email linked with your profile so that we can look into your device specifics? With this, we can troubleshoot more effectively.

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

drkimball
Helpful | Level 7

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me.  Support has not been able to help me fix it except to say that I can't sync too many files at once.  Well then what am I paying $500 a month for?

Re: Dropbox wonky after 88.4.172 upgrade

drkimball
Helpful | Level 7

I've seen that same box at least 20 times this week!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

drkimball Helpful | Level 7
    Daphne Dropboxer
    Froyok Helpful | Level 6
    DarseZ Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?