cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new desktop app isn't installing on my Windows 10 device.

The new desktop app isn't installing on my Windows 10 device.

Helpful | Level 6

I tried installing the desktop app on my desktop. The folder in File Explorer was created and the system tray item appeared. However, there was no desktop application. When I click on the Dropbox icon in the Start menu, the Dropbox folder in File Explorer opens (after a slight delay).  I saw that someone else's solution was changing the "Open files in" under Preferences in the system tray application. However, that option (Open files in" does not appear in my Preferences. I tried to install on two other computers and received the same results- no desktop application. Also tried to install using the "Try the new Dropbox Desktop app" link that appears on the system tray Preferences. Same result. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Desktop App not installing in Windows 10

Helpful | Level 6

Okay, thanks Daphne.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dropboxer

Hi @Vincent D, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Would you mind just letting me know which version of the desktop app you have installed? You can find this by hovering over the Dropbox icon in your system tray.

Let me know and we can take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6
Hi Daphne,

Thanks.

Dropboxer

Thanks for that @Vincent D!

In this case, it would be best to look into this further via our Support channel so we can check on some device specific info. Please reach out to our Support team from here to open a ticket.

If you'd like to, you can let me know the ticket number that you receive (eg. #1234567) and I can pass along all the relevant info for you there.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6

Okay, thanks Daphne.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?