cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export option has disappeared

Re: The option to export photos isn't there anymore

Kfoot
Explorer | Level 3
Okay thank you

Timmermc
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue. 

Screenshot_20210304-130224_Dropbox.jpg

Kfoot
Explorer | Level 3
Supposedly there's a new version 224.5
Mine is stuck on 224.2.6 or something

Export option has disappeared

carbonel
Explorer | Level 3

I normally use Dropbox to move files (ePubs and audiobooks, mostly) from my computer to my iPhone and thence to the relevant iPhone apps by tapping the ellipses next to the appropriate file, selecting Export, and sending it to the app I want.

As of today, the Export option has disappeared from the list of options, on both my iPhone and my iPad. For an .mp3, what's there is Share, File settings, Create transfer, Make available offline, Add to starred, Show in folder, Rename, Copy, Move, and Delete. I asked someone else, and he had these options: Create Transfer, Copy Link, Share, File Settings, Make available offline, Add to starred, Export. So it appears to be something with my account.

I tried shutting down my iPhone and restarting. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Neither of those helped.

Any idea how to fix this?

Re: Export option has disappeared

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @carbonel; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you please clarify the exact OS of your devices and the version of our mobile app?

Also, does this affect all type of files or a specific one only?

Any additional information will be much appreciated!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carbonel
Explorer | Level 3

iPhone OS version is 14.4

iPad OS version is 12.5.1

Dropbox version is 226.2 on both the iPhone and the iPad

I'm experiencing the same problem with .mp3, .epub, and .jpg files on both iPhone and iPad. Presumably other types as well, but that's what I've checked. 

carbonel
Explorer | Level 3

The basic issue still exists, but I've found a workaround.

I can open the file in Dropbox by clicking on it, rather than clicking the ellipses. When I do that, at the bottom of the screen, there's a Share button -- and when I clicked the Share button, Export is one of the options. From there, I successfully exported a file to the appropriate app.

I still have no idea what caused the problem of the missing Export option in the regular option list, since two other people with the same version of Dropbox didn't have it (the problem, I mean), but I'm willing to call this solved.

Daphne
Dropboxer
If you'd like to look into it further, would you mind sending me a screenshot of the list of options you're seeing in the ellipsis menu there, @carbonel?

I see that you already noted which options appear there, however the visual is always helpful!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carbonel
Explorer | Level 3

The first photo is the main menu I've been seeing when I select the ellipses. As you can see from the second photo, I apparently missed trying the Share button when I first discovered the problem. Clicking on that brings up three sub-options, one of which is the missing Export option. 

It's still a mystery why friends with the same iPhone OS and Dropbox version aren't seeing the same menus I do, but perhaps theirs will catch up soon.

2021-03-15 14.18.44.jpg

2021-03-15 14.19.45.jpg

Daphne
Dropboxer
Could you try clearing the app cache and see if that makes any difference @carbonel? You can do so by:
  1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap the "Account" tab.
  3. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner.
  4. Choose the option "Clear cache".
Otherwise, you can try reinstalling the app to see if that helps at all. Please just bear in mind the 3 device limit if you're using a Basic account, and currently have more than 3 devices connected.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?