cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The previews of my PDF files are gone after re-installing the desktop app. Any clues?

The previews of my PDF files are gone after re-installing the desktop app. Any clues?

Pietro46
New member | Level 2

If I reinstall Dropbox, the desktop application is not mentioned and disappears. I found it by pure chance.
The first time I used it, selecting a pdf file on the right appeared the preview (more useful than the alternative in the menu). Now the preview is gone, the pdf symbol appears and NOTHING EXPLAIN WHY.
No settings in this regard.

1 Reply 1

Re: The previews of my PDF files are gone after re-installing the desktop app. Any clues?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Pietro46, apologies for the delayed reply here!

To make sure I understand exactly what you're referring to here, would you mind sending me a screenshot of how the preview appears, excluding any personal info?

Also, can you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed by hovering your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?