cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "It's free to save this in Dropbox" blue banner that appears is very invasive

The "It's free to save this in Dropbox" blue banner that appears is very invasive

gdsfdfwertsdf
New member | Level 2

This large blue banner appears on desktop browsers when viewing any file or folder link without signing in. I do not mind that there is a pop-up suggesting users sign in or sign up to save the file for themslves, but it is very large and takes up far more space than necessary. Worst is that it also obscures out a lot of pictures/documents. It appears in every new tab when viewing links even after dismissing it before.

It would be much better if this banner were reduced in size or placed elsewhere on the page as to not interfere with viewing content.

Untitled 1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: The "It's free to save this in Dropbox" blue banner that appears is very invasive

bconglet
Helpful | Level 6

Was this actually removed for paid users? I am not seeing the banner currently. If so, I will actually start using the share feature more, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Re: The "It's free to save this in Dropbox" blue banner that appears is very invasive

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

its absolutely ridiculous, and looks like cheap promo banner on my private link. 

Artirles
Helpful | Level 6

Facebook does the same thing but it's much worse

awzz293
New member | Level 2

I hate this banner so much!   It's like they're putting a pop-up ad on my screenshot.  Will be switching to another provider.

Joseph H.4
Explorer | Level 4

This is bloody awful, cheap, in-your-face, unneccessary over-the-top advertising. Dropbox earned my support by its excellent discreet effectiveness. This makes me think about looking elsewhere...

ejpc
Explorer | Level 4

It is obtrusive and confusing for students when I share documents with them They think they have to have a Droox acount to do a lesson or activity

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

ahem? anybody from db reading this?

ejpc
Explorer | Level 4

I don't think Dropbox really cares about there subscribers!

cb8
Explorer | Level 3

I agree. This banner is terrible. I can't send video previews to clients anymore as the banner cuts off the bottom 1/3 of the video.

Google Drive doesn't appear to do this.

bconglet
Helpful | Level 6

@Walter @Daphne Someone at Dropbox please review this. I understand dropbox is working on a screenshot sharing solution, in the meantime PLEASE remove this banner for publicly shared links, you guys are well past the "Growth Hacking" phase. This should 100% be removed or at least optional for Plus or Pro users, it makes public links almost embarrassing to share.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bconglet Helpful | Level 6
    itsmaku Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropboxer
    cb8 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?