cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "signature" function in the app on my iPad isn't working, any ideas?

The "signature" function in the app on my iPad isn't working, any ideas?

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The 'signature' function on my dropbox isnt working any longer. When I click it, it returns my ipad to the homepage. What settings do I need to change? Will I have my saved signatures disappear?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Dropbox, this mornings update on the app has resolved the signature issue for my ipad. I can now continue with work and signature electronically. Appreciate your input and help. Thanks ever so much

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @ScottyF,

Can you let me know if this issue is occurring for all PDF files or just certain ones? If it's just specific files, do you notice any similarities in the size of the files perhaps?

Also, can you just ensure that you have the most up to date version of the Dropbox app and that there are no pending updates.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BrindleysCA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

When trying to add a signature to a PDF document in the Dropbox app on iPad Pro (iOS 13.1.2), Dropbox app crashes and I need to restart the app. I am able to access documents fine but as soon as I select to add a signature to a document, the Dropbox app crashes. Was able to add a signature to a document prior to updating to iOS13. I have also updated the Dropbox app to the latest version available through the Apple App Store. 

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Daphne,

Really appreciate your help here...
The short answers are YES.

None of the PDF’s can be signed & Ive got the latest Dropbox version.
Below are 2 screen shots showing that if I push the ‘signature feather’ it reverts back to home screen:

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Daphne

I have been in Apple store & called the Apple Care Service who took me through different resolution options...all without success.
I believe that its an IOS13 glitch that some 3rd parties havent caught on with yet (Incl Dropbox).

Will Dropbox also do another update in the near future?

DB825
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I reported this to Dropbox, I can still do it on my Mac and iPhone, so for me it’s only with my iPad running the new iPad os. Waiting for a solution

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all!

Just as a side note, I've merged your thread here @BrindleysCA and @DB825. Would you mind taking a look at my previous response and let me know what you find there?

@ScottyF, I also located your reply in another thread and have merged it to your original post. To have a better look into this I've reached out to your email address associated with your Community profile. Please check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there if you'd like.

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Daphne, I have read your mail but when I respond...It gves me a temporary error.

Thanks again for offering to assist.

Any news or solutions available yet?

Scotty

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ScottyF, thanks for your update!

It seems that I received your reply in the end and I've followed up there. 

We will continue looking into this via our email communication as we don't currently have any news on this on our side and need to do some further investigation. Please just keep an eye on your inbox and we'll see what we can do via email for now.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Klix88
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution as yet?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jbsts Explorer | Level 3
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    Klix88 Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    ScottyF Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?