cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "signature" function in the app on my iPad isn't working, any ideas?

The "signature" function in the app on my iPad isn't working, any ideas?

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The 'signature' function on my dropbox isnt working any longer. When I click it, it returns my ipad to the homepage. What settings do I need to change? Will I have my saved signatures disappear?

31 Replies 31

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting to the right thread about this and all the info you provided. Can I check this for you via email @jbsts. I can email you at the email address asssociated with your Community profile? 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

bodell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue.

It appears to be happening for all PDFs since upgrading to iOS 13 (I'm on 13.1.3) on my iPad Pro 10.5-inch (model MPME2LL/A).

I am on the latest version of Dropbox. The app crashes with no warning the moment I tap the feather icon (under Add Text or Signature).

This is my main purpose for using my iPad, so a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @bodell. Thanks for joining this thread and adding your experience. 

Have you tried reinstalling the Dropbox app? If not, please try and let me know if you get the same behavior. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

bodell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After reinstalling the app, it works for the first signature, but crashes after trying to add a second signature. Upon reopening the app, it crashes as before... as soon as the feather icon is tapped, not even allowing a first signature.

I've reinstalled several times with the same results.

bodell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here is a video of what I was describing.

bodell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It looks like the video didn't attach.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @bodell. Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing after trying to reinstall. You can paste  a Dropbox shared link to the video, whenever you get the time. 

After I see what is going on, I will let you know if we will need to switch to ticket for further troubleshooting. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Dropbox, this mornings update on the app has resolved the signature issue for my ipad. I can now continue with work and signature electronically. Appreciate your input and help. Thanks ever so much

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @ScottyF! Glad to hear that all's well. :relieved:

If you have any other questions in the future, just give us a nudge. 

In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Klix88
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My issue also appears to have been resolved with the new update. Many thanks for all of the assistance from Dropbox 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jbsts Explorer | Level 3
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    Klix88 Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    ScottyF Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?