cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a red indicator on the Dropbox icon in the system tray, what is this?

There's a red indicator on the Dropbox icon in the system tray, what is this?

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

Hello ---  it  looks like there is a number one (1) in a red dot on the dropbox icon in the system tray  -- what is this and what does it mean?  Thanks 

20 Replies 20

Jim H
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue as cindy t.3, system tray icon has a red dot on the lower left side with no number in the dot. The only way I can open the App is ctrl-left mouse click, double click just opens the local Dropbox folder. I have reinstalled twice now, once with the advanced reinstall instructions from https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall. I could open a ticket, but it would be the same as the one already open by cindy t.3. I'll just keep limping along for now with the ctrl-left mouse click workaround. One good note is that all the files/folders are syncing. I'm running v104.4.175 on Windows 10. My account is Dropbox Business Standard with 5 TB of storage.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jim H New member | Level 2
    Roger V. New member | Level 2
    cindy t.3 Collaborator | Level 9
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    mh1106 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?