Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

There's been a change is how I can open Visio files from Dropbox, what changed?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Has there been recent testing or changes related to how Dropbox works (or doesn't) with Visio?  For several months, I was able to save Visio files in a shared Dropbox folder, but I had to open those files with Visio and then reload the updated file.  A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that even though I still had to open the file with Visio, changes were automatically saved in the Dropbox file.  (I was thrilled to see that happen!)  And now this week, I can't even open the files with Visio; that app isn't an option at all.  So it appears I have to download the file from Dropbox, then edit it, and then upload the revised file (and remove the previous version, to avoid confusion).  What happened???

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Visio and DropBox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @PattiDe, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Just so that I can have a better idea of your workflow, can you let me know where you're taking these actions from? Eg. the website or the mobile app.

Also, any further info you can provide me such as the web browser or device OS that you're using will be helpful.

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Visio and DropBox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've been using the Dropbox website, not the mobile app.  And I use Chrome as my browser.   The issue seems to be ok now - over the weekend and today, I had Visio as an option when trying to open the file, and my changes were saved to the file stored on Dropbox, without me having to upload a new file again.  (But it was at least several days last week - and maybe random instances over the week - where I had to do the mutli-step download / change / uplaod new file process to work on Visio files.)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?