cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: There was a problem completing this request

There was a problem completing this request

Jack108
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My Dropbox on my laptop and iPhone work fine, but not of my desktop. I have looked at other solutions on this Forum regarding There was a problem completing this request, but none of them helped.

Some things to know that might help. I submitted a ticket on this issue, but they were unable to resolve it.

Whenever I log out of my desktop account, I can only get back in using my Google account, not my Dropbox account. If I am ever able to start Rewind Dropbox, it never is able to complete the process. However, the next time I try Dropbox, it works - one time. Then back to We are unble to complete this request.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the swift response and screenshots Jack!

Could you maybe try this on another network or if possible create a new OS profile and see if you still get the same error?

I'm only suggesting those as this doesn't seem to be affecting your account as a whole rather than the specific device.

Keep me posted on your progress!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Jack108 - welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue; let's have a further look into this now. I'll just need a bit more info to make sure we're troubleshooting the right thing: 

1. Can you clarify if you're indeed using the website through a web browser when you get this error? Could you send me a screenshot too so I can have a visual?

2. Do you get the same error after clearing your browser's cache, on an incognito or private browsing window with no plugins or extensions running? What about other browsers

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Jack. Thanks in advance!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Jack108
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, I am using the website when these issues arise. And the same thing happens on three diffferent browsers - Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Same issue when on an incognito session.

The first screenshot shows the error messages I get.

The second screenshot shows the difficulties I have logging in. When I try to use my Dropbox login, everything goes kind of gray, but nothing happens. I can on login using my Google account, but then the same issues arise once I am into Dropbox.

Jack108
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (1).png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the swift response and screenshots Jack!

Could you maybe try this on another network or if possible create a new OS profile and see if you still get the same error?

I'm only suggesting those as this doesn't seem to be affecting your account as a whole rather than the specific device.

Keep me posted on your progress!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Jack108
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Last time Walter helped me with this. He suggested I try a different network, and as soon as I got off my Ethernet connection and used only wireless, everything worked fine. Now I would like to see if we can figure out why I am having problems with the Ethernet connection, as I prefer that for my desktop computer.

The other thing I have to say is that I could never figure out how to respond to a reply the last time I was here, as I never saw a submit button. And when I tried to respond to the email that I received about the reply, it always got rejected.

Thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry for the late reply Jack. How are you today?

I'm not really sure what could be causing this but note that Dropbox uses standard internet ports (80 and 443) to transfer data. However, many firewalls and security software (such as antivirus programs) will proactively block unauthorized or unknown internet services. In that case you'll need to add Dropbox (and possibly our official domains to your proxy or firewall settings as an exception to connect to the Dropbox service as normal.

Let me know how it goes @Jack108!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?