cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

This file can’t be previewed

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi, 

I uploaded a JPG image to ww.Dropbox a few days ago, when uploaded i could preview the image fine but as of today i am getting this message "This file can’t be previewed" also i am using this on a website using a direct link and it is also now not viewable on the website either. I looked into why this could be i have made the file smaller to only 33kb and re uploaded it but i am still having this issue. Is there something i am doing wrong? I don't understand why i could see it before and it has been fine for a few days but now all of a sudden stop working? Can anyone shed a light on this for me please 

Thanks

19 Replies 19
Highlighted

Re: This file can’t be previewed

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

????

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I also have this issue with a PDF file, I send the link to this file via email, and it can't be viewed on the website, so it should be downloaded instead!

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Does anyone from dropbox ever reply?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello Dropbox ???

Super User II
Super User II

This is a user supported forum. 

For replies from Dropbox please log support tickets at http://www.dropbox.com/support

Note that replies take time but you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue; I can no longer view files, on the website, that I used to be able to. It appears to be because of not having a file extension (.txt) at the end. For the sake of cleanliness, I don't like having file extensions on my files. I'm using textedit on a Mac, El Capitan 10.11.6   Not sure if it's the same for any/all files, but none of mine are viewable on the website. 

Any workaround for this? 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Any workaround for this? 

Give them back the extensions. 

Dropbox wont know what to preview with without it. 

If you dont want them showing on your machine google how to hide them from Finder. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

My file extensions aren't hidden (they all end in .pdf). And the preview problem just popped up for me today. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Still no solution?!

It's annoying when I send my CV, please fix

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?