cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This folder already contains a Dropbox directory. (Dropbox 3.03 on Fedora 21 (x64)

This folder already contains a Dropbox directory. (Dropbox 3.03 on Fedora 21 (x64)

Nathanel T.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is this some kind of a joke? I keep my dropbox folder on a separate partition to simply redirect the dropbox daemon to that location and not have to go through the whole download process all over again. Now, after a fresh install of Fedora 21, installing this new version of dropbox prevents me from pointing it to the previously installed location stating 'This folder already contains a Dropbox directory.'.... THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW!

61 Replies 61

Jossy G.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

On the 12-15-2014 :

"Hi Nathanel, This is a known issue that we are working on fixing. Can you download 2.10.52 for now?" 

And 3 !! years later. You are what ? Still working on it ? With the millions you make per month with all your users you are still working on it ? You want us to buy you a keyboard and pay for a programmer maybe ?

Nathanel T.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Kind of disappointed as well to see that the issue is still present. Reinstalled fedora and cannot get Dropbox to bypass this problem for the life of me.

You guys really need to get this figured out asap.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Patrick L.7 New member | Level 1
    Proteome S. New member | Level 1
    Alastair D. New member | Level 1
    Carlos1 New member | Level 1
    Andrei T.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?