cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left in Sync has been removed (Feature Request)

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

JesseK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I want to add my voice to the chorus of disapproval about the removal of the time estimate. If it doesn't come back soon, I'll definitely need to consider whether or not I want to continute to pay for the service at all when important features that I use all the time are removed with no explanation. Very frustrating!

WillGood
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Would absolutely love to have this feature back - it seems absurd to me that the estimated time to sync feature has been removed (and no explanation). 

Absolutely critical piece of info for my team and our workflow when sharing large video and photo files. 

Been with dropbox for years but would have to leave for another company unless they turn it back on.

furtonb
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

A deadline passed since my previous post, I would like to thank the Dropbox team for all the inconvenience that removing this feature caused us.

Still no official update? "Suprising".

shorthop3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please bring back the estimated time to sync. I need to be able to tell clients when the files I upload will be available.

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Another day uploading a large file for a client. Another day I hover my cursor over the Dropbox icon, then remember I can no longer give them an estimate of when it will arrive. As a freelancer who works from home I now look just that bit less professional. Clients love to hear 'I don't know'.

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Ok, this is just S**T. I'm uploading files to send to a sick friend. Every 5 minutes I go back to look. No, not uploaded yet...5 minutes later...nope, not yet...5 minutes later...nope, not yet....5 minutes later...nope, not yet...

Do I have ANY VAGUE IDEA how long they will take? Nope

Thanks a F***IN heap to whoever made this RIDICULOUS decision.

Have Dropbox woken up to their appaling mistake yet?...nope, not yet.

DiogoWasTaken
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox, here's a thought: if you don't want to give time estimates, which I understand (even if I don't agree) how about a progress bar on the tooltip?

Simply knowing how much (percentile) I've uploaded so far WOULD help.

DiogoWasTaken
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

So I can have a vague notion of how much has been synced at any given time.

You know why I'm asking for this, too.

MikeW1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes!

zachyok
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please bring this feature back!

Need more support?