cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anybody else annoyed with Time Left To Sync vanishing?

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@jbh1 and everyone else. The other option is to upload via your browser. It will actually give you the time remaining. The main issue is with big files, if your upload drops out or fails, you'll be starting again, unlike the desktop version.

Can't wait for this to be sorted.

I also temporarily went to Sync, but had major issues. I couldn't even download one of my own files via their browser. They have a long way to go yet.

videophage
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Seriously, when is this coming back ???

emmasmartacus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Now even the sync bar from the bottom has disappeared.

Xaiynoy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
H

jpitts1519
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Time left for syncing has been removed on desktop. It only shows the speed and kb of how much is being transferred, but not the time left for it to sync, which is really annoying since I depend on that time to tell my clients when to expect their files. What can be done? 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jpitts1519, if this detail is important to you, you could use our website as an alternative where you should be able to see the remaining time on the bottom of the browsing window :arrows_counterclockwise:. Nevertheless, I’ve moved your post under the relevant discussion, in order to add your voice to the feedback gathered & keep you in the loop if there’s a difference in a future iteration of the desktop application. 

Please feel free to ping me here again if you have any more thoughts or questions & it will be a pleasure to continue our discussion. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

videophage
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello @Jane,

Thanks for your reply here, but as someone said ealier, uploading directly to website is subject to failing due to random connexion issues.

The desktop version is the best thing in the world, and since it's been several months and 19 pages of messages here, asking if the time sync left feature would be back someday, plus announcements of its return in some future update, i wonder if dropbox could get a little more official.

And since, you know, people are paying for it.

Thanks

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I understand @videophage, your honest feedback is mostly appreciated; positive or negative, your thoughts help us understand your needs better. As our team is always looking for ways to improve, I’ve made sure your feedback is passed along to our developers for further evaluation. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & please ping me here in case you have any further inquiries!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

videophage
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks again, 

Like i said, "I wonder if dropbox could get a little more official."

I guess not.

kerstinh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

That is not actually a workable solutionn as main value for me for dropbox (vs WeTransfer or other Web-based transfer applications I could use) is the Desktop application. Being able to know how long I have until a sync finishes is crucial - even if it is sometimes inaccurate and estimate is fine. Please escalate this as this situation has gotten even worse with the removal of even the progress bar.

Need more support?