cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Machine backup

Time Machine backup

L-I-B
Explorer | Level 3

I did a full system restore from Time Machine after my old mac crashed. Now dropbox says I cannot log in because this is a new device and I already have 3 devices on dropbox. This is not a new device, it is the original device I had on dropbox. Probably complicated by being a no longer supported OS (10.10.5). How do I reconnect to dropbox?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
@L-I-B wrote:

I did a full system restore from Time Machine after my old mac crashed. Now dropbox says I cannot log in because this is a new device and I already have 3 devices on dropbox.

It's not really devices that Dropbox tracks, but installations. Even though it's the same device, Dropbox sees it as a new one because it's a new install. You'll need to unlink your computer from your Security page first, then you'll be able to relink the computer to your account, assuming you have fewer than three devices.

L-I-B
Explorer | Level 3

That was essentially what I did. When I went back to try again I saw the "four" devices, one of which was my old computer and another was this new modified name for the same computer. I deleted the old computer and dropbox came right up. The files even synchronized quickly since they were  all correct in the first place.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?