cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone Issue while uploading to the Dropbox website

Time Zone Issue while uploading to the Dropbox website

Fred C.
New member | Level 2

I just posted a spread sheet.  It was 6:38pm EST (UTC-5.00) when I looked at the file online in DB it showed that it was updated at 10:38pm.  How can I correct that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Time Zone Issue

Mark
Super User II

Have you checked at www.dropbox.com/account that your time zones and locations are correctly set?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Have you checked at www.dropbox.com/account that your time zones and locations are correctly set?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert B.42
New member | Level 1

Same issue here. I have my time zone set to Automatic (or Netherlands, GMT/UTC+2 which is correct) but the website still shows the time for a recently modified file as '2 hours ago'.

Think it's a browser issue, it will always show GMT/UTC no matter what. 😞

fernando c.19
New member | Level 1

I'm having issues all the time with wrong file's time, and discovered the GMT at Dropbox is wrong for my zone, since I received an e-mail from Dropbox, alerting me about a new login (I was trying a new browser since Dropbox stopped to work correctly), and the email from Dropbox has a wrong GMT for my zone:

it says "We noticed you logged into Dropbox using SeaMonkey on Linux from Argentina* at 05:23 AM GMT+03:00", but our country is at GMT -3.

That would explain the wrong time on the uploaded files. My account setup is correct (-3), but it shows that the "automatic" GMT would be "+3". That's wrong, the automatic, based on my IP, should be -3 too.

Philipch
New member | Level 2
Absolutely what i needed to know

Ed
Dropboxer
Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/101001000]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Philipch New member | Level 2
    fernando c.19 New member | Level 1
    Robert B.42 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?