Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Time left to Sync Has been Removed AGAIN!!!

Helpful | Level 6

So I was part of the huge chorus of people last year asking Dropbox to bring back the Time Left to Sync status bar back to the Desktop App after removing it without warning. Well... just like clockwork a year later they made it disappear AGAIN!!!

Yes I know I can hover my mouse arrow over the little icon on the Windows Task Bar, but I don't want to do that. I just want to have the upload box open and the status bar at the bottom back where it was so I can monitor my uploads.

Why can't you guys just leave these things alone and stop messing with our workflow???

No Time.jpg

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Time left to Sync Has been Removed AGAIN!!!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @pepe1967, I hope you're well today!

Can you just let me know which version of the desktop app you're running? I wasn't able to replicate this on my side.

If you're running a beta version ( xx.3.xxx ) then I'd suggest turning off Early releases on your account settings page here and installing the latest stable version from here.

If you're on the latest stable version ( 91.4.548 ) then can you send me a screenshot when you hover over the Dropbox icon?

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I'm on version: 92.3.365

I had to turn on the beta version a year ago to get the Time in Sync feature back on my desktop.

How can I stop Dropbox from automatically upgrading the desktop app?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@pepe1967 wrote:

How can I stop Dropbox from automatically upgrading the desktop app?

There is no option that prevents the automatic upgrades. Dropbox will push updates out as it deems necessary.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

So we are at the whim of what Dropbox feels is an appropriate user experience. Well that stinks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your update @pepe1967!

Rich is indeed right that there currently isn't a way to disable the desktop app from automatically upgrading I'm afraid, which you can check out more info on from here.

When you turned on the "Early releases" option and installed the beta version previously, the app would automatically update to the latest beta version available. 

As it could just be an issue that you're having with the beta build, or you'd like to stop using beta builds in the future, then I'd suggest switching back to using the stable versions by toggling off the "Early releases" option.

I hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?