cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tortoise SVN Icon Overlay order keeps being modified by Dropbox

Tortoise SVN Icon Overlay order keeps being modified by Dropbox

2goatsandaboxofbeer
Explorer | Level 4

It is more important to me to see Tortoise SVN icon overlays than Dropbox ones in Windows 10.

I followed the steps in a great article by Gareth J M Saunders to modify the Windows Registry to prioritize Tortoise SVN over Dropbox's use of overlays:

https://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/2015/03/22/managing-overlay-icons-for-dropbox-and-tortoisesvn-and...

However, Dropbox re-entered its overlays in the Registry using the rather rude three-space prefix to prioritize its own overlays.

Is there a means to stop this rather bullying behavior?  It isn't really a feature, it's a deal-breaker.

1 Reply 1

Re: Tortoise SVN Icon Overlay order keeps being modified by Dropbox

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @2goatsandaboxofbeer, thanks for joining our Community and happy Monday!

I'm afraid there's no way to achieve this with Dropbox at this time, but we do have a relevant idea posted here.

You can up-vote it to show your interest if you like.

Let me know if you have anything else to ask or add in the meantime!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?