cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Transfer of Dropbox documents from Macbook or iPhone to new iPad.

Explorer | Level 3

How do I transfer ALL of the documents I have on my MacBook and iPhone to my new iPad?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Transfer of Dropbox documents from Macbook or iPhone to new iPad.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @leecruz, congratulations on the new iPad!

You’d need to install the Dropbox app on your devices (i.e. on your MacBook, iPhone & iPad), place your files in Dropbox & let them sync. Once finished, you should see those on all 3 devices. 

I hope this helps & I’m always here if you have more questions for me! 

[Edit: I've also replied to you on your open ticket. Feel free to touch-base with me on either channel! 😊] 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the quick response. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get the docs to go over to the iPad from either the MacBook or iPhone. I have the Dropbox app on all three. ????????

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the prompt reply back @leecruz!

As you mentioned that you’ve installed the app on all three devices, we’d need to ensure that these are also linked to the same account. Can you please check the following on your MacBook/iPhone & iPad? 

In each of these places, we want to find the email address used to connect to Dropbox. Please also look carefully for typos in your email address in any of these places.

1. On your MacBook, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar.  ➡️ Click next to your profile picture in the Notifications panel. ➡️ Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
  2. On both iOS devices, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Settings". 
  3. On the Dropbox website, click on your name in the top right corner.
Please let me know if you find different email addresses in any of these places. 

Last but not least, have you already added your documents to Dropbox? 

Please let me know how you get on with my advice. Thanks again!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?