cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting past the unlink devices screen during setup

Trouble getting past the unlink devices screen during setup

aknodt
New member | Level 2

I'm installing Dropbox Basic on a new Windows 10 machine, and am prompted with a screen telling me I can only have 3 linked devices, along with a list of devices I currently have linked.  I checked all the devices I want to unlink, leaving only 2, but there is no way to advance the screen now to complete the installation, i.e. no "ok" or "Next" button (just a link below to upgrade to Plus).  Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trouble getting past the unlink devices screen during setup

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @aknodt - welcome to our Community!

Truth be told, we had some similar reports lately. Could you see if you can unlink those devices from your account's Security page and then proceed with the app's installation? 

You might need to reboot or force quit the active window while at it but please keep me posted on your progress. 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Re: Reinstalling Dropbox. Now I'm limited to 3 devices.

BarrySeymour
New member | Level 2

I just had to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. When I signed into Dropbox I got this message. Okay, fine. But there is no 'ok' or 'continue' button on the page that tells me to select only three devices! I have the current device and two others, but I'm stuck on this screen! There's no OK button, no back button, NOTHING. When I close the window and reopen, Dropbox asks me to login again and the whole thing starts over.

What kind of blinkered design is this?

Help!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @aknodt - welcome to our Community!

Truth be told, we had some similar reports lately. Could you see if you can unlink those devices from your account's Security page and then proceed with the app's installation? 

You might need to reboot or force quit the active window while at it but please keep me posted on your progress. 

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

aknodt
New member | Level 2

Thanks, Walter!  Unlinking the devices from my account security page did the trick.  Didn't need to reboot or force quit.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @aknodt; I'm glad to hear it's sorted now!

Have a lovely day/evening ahead :sunglasses:

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Re: Reinstalling Dropbox. Now I'm limited to 3 devices.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @BarrySeymour; sorry for the late response and welcome to our Community!

I've just moved your post under this thread as it echoed the OP's query. Could you take a look at my suggestion and let me know if this worked for you as well?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Can't Unlink device

Musclespain
Helpful | Level 5

Hello!

I've using dropbox in 2 phones (same model and brand) and my computer, but now, they somehow dupplicate.

This it's not much a problem, problem it's that I can't unlink any device so now I can't connect with none of them! Because anytime I try it pops an error, I have unistalled the apps, tried to make it from the security tab on the website: https://www.dropbox.com/account/security

Etc...

Please help

1234.png

Re: Can't Unlink device

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Musclespain, I hope you're well today!

It seems that you're having a similar issue to the OP here. Can you try unlinking the duplicated devices from your Security page here as Walter mentions above?

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Musclespain
Helpful | Level 5

No, I can't, It doesn't unlink

MichaelRaven
Helpful | Level 5

Similar issue.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Musclespain Helpful | Level 5
    MichaelRaven Helpful | Level 5