cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing on Kindle Fire

Trouble installing on Kindle Fire

Nancy B.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I followed the install directions (Allow Installation of Applications from unknown sources is ON), but when I press "Download for Android" it loads for about 2 seconds then stops and it seems like nothing happened. The app is not installed; there is nothing in my download file. Can someone help me? Thanks.

11 Replies 11

alex17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you! I've really been struggling not being able to use key apps on my new Kindle HD 8 (6th gen). Your instructions worked perfectly, this is *really* helpful in making my Kindle more useful and as a result in making my Dropbox experience more fluid / less hassle.

I don't understand why there's no Dropbox app for Kindle HD (in the Kindle AppStore). I'm guessing there are politics (and $$ issues) between Amazon / Kindle and Dropbox, that's too bad -- esp bad for users.

But at least this workaround appears to work. Very much obliged.

Lyle-EZ
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I emailed a google drive link via webmail to download the apk file.  This downloaded directly to the 'downloads' folder, accessed via the silk browser. 

Then I installed with no problems so far. 

Thanks Marie and the rest for the tip.  

I've loved the Kindle Fire HD 10 so far, except for the lack of dropbox...now that's solved.

Lyle

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard P. Super User alumni
    Bryan A.7 New member | Level 2
    M S.12 New member | Level 1
    Scott D.21 New member | Level 1
    Peter G.76 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?