cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble using 25GB promo app

Trouble using 25GB promo app

JOSong
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

I purchased a new HP laptop very recently, which came with a pre-installed Dropbox Promotion app for 25GB of additional storage for a year. I already have an account, and there have been some mixed messages regarding offer eligibility. On this page the offer is available to new and existing Dropbox users, but according to these terms (which are from 2018 ) that were linked from the app, the offer is only available to new users. Could you please confirm which set of criteria is correct?

In any case, I thought I would try, and if not, at least the app will be downloaded to my new laptop through the process. However, the app makes it as far as the "Installation in progess..." screen, and seems to be stuck there. At one point I watched a 1.5 hr programme, and it was still trying to install, and my internet is not that slow haha. I have unlinked one of my other devices to make space for this one too. (I haven't downloaded Dropbox separately yet since I wasn't sure whether it would affect the validity of the promo.)

Any advice?

Thanks!

Jo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trouble using 25GB promo app

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @JOSong; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

If you're still having issues with this after rebooting your computer, may I reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @JOSong; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

If you're still having issues with this after rebooting your computer, may I reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JOSong
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, thanks for getting back to me. I had rebooted the laptop once before, which didn't help that time.

I did try it one more time just in case (and because there were Windows updates again), and this time around I ran the Dropbox promo app alone with nothing else running at the same time, and it has worked, for whatever singular or combination of reasons. I've checked my other linked devices and the promotional storage is displaying there too, so we can close this one.

Thanks again!

Axel Imperial
New member | Level 2

Good, Alright

Axel Imperial
New member | Level 2

Everybody

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Axel Imperial New member | Level 2