cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Install Dropbox on ZFS Dataset on Linux Mint

Trying to Install Dropbox on ZFS Dataset on Linux Mint

atwillia
New member | Level 2

Hi,

As the title states, I'm trying to install Dropbox on a ZFS pool/dataset on Mint.  Specifically, I performed a default installation of Linux Mint 20.1 on a 250GB SSD.  I then created a ZFS pool (raidz) and dataset with four 2TB SSDs and moved my home folder to it.  I then installed Dropbox.   The first time I tried to run it, I received an error message stating that I was running on an unsupported filesystem.  I uninstalled it and tried again but now get a message "Coudn't start Dropbox".  It pointed me to the log file which I reviewed and noticed the last line in the file as follows: 

nucleus_python.SyncEngineError: "Initializing engine |>> Initializing platform |>> Checking if filesystem is supported |>> Filesystem \"FUSE\" not supported! See dropbox.com/help/3 "

The system requirements state that Dropbox supports ZFS filesystems.  Is that not the case or is there something wrong with my configuration.

I am running version 2020.03.04 of Dropbox.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

1 Reply 1

Re: Trying to Install Dropbox on ZFS Dataset on Linux Mint

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @atwillia, thanks for posting on the Community!

Currently, Dropbox only officially supports Fedora and Ubuntu installations and not other flavors of Linux.

However, from what I can see in the message, it appears you're trying to install it on a FUSE file system, and not a ZFS system.

Are you certain this is a ZFS file system you're using? Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?