cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel a phantom photo upload message

Trying to cancel a phantom photo upload message

RICLytham
New member | Level 2

When I plug the camera into my Win 10 computer. Box opens saying Dropbox will save photos. I don't want that (I have One Drive) but I cannot cancel the message and it does not do it anyway. Problem is the message is persistent and will not be detered. Checked my PC and the auto download is definitely off. It gets very messy with multiple windows opened in downloads.  Here is a screen shot .....HelpScreenshot 2019-07-28 22.53.49.png

1 Reply 1

Re: Trying to cancel a phantom photo upload message

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @RICLytham,

Can you just clarify for me, if you click the buttons on the window shown in your screenshot, does this window not close after choosing an option? 

If that's the case, can you please try the following:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choose Preferences...
  4. Go to the Import tab and click the "Change AutoPlay Settings".
  5. Uncheck the option "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" and then Save.

After carrying out the above, do you see the pop up window in your screenshot still persistently appear when you connect your camera?

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?