cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to redeem the Dell promotion on my new computer but I can't install the app due to error 2

Trying to redeem the Dell promotion on my new computer but I can't install the app due to error 2

New member | Level 2

I have just set up a new dell computer but it will not allow me to install dropbox using the preloaded program on the computer. It comes up as error 2. Tried using an old link from a discussion but says old software. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Re: Trying to redeem the Dell promotion on my new computer but I can't install the app due to error

Dropboxer

Hi @Frustrated and confused; welcome to the Community and happy Monday!

I'm sorry to hear you can't redeem your promotional space on your new Dell computer. 

I'm going to ask you some questions here to make sure we're troubleshooting the right thing: 

• Did you buy your device new or pre-owned?
  • Did Dropbox come preinstalled on the device or did you download it yourself?
  • Did you or anyone else ever sign into Dropbox on your device using an email address other than your current account?
  • Can you send a screenshot confirming your eligibility for this promotion? 
  • What's the exact OS and build number of your computer?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?