cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trying to set up a Sceduled Task to run Dropbox.exe

Trying to set up a Sceduled Task to run Dropbox.exe

sebrame
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm trying to set up a Scheduled Task that will run 'Dropbox.exe' at a specified time. Ive set it up easily on my Windows 7 machine, but on my Windows 10 PC, I keep getting the error -

"One or more of the specified arguments are not valid."

In the History, the error reads as -

Task Scheduler failed to start "\My Tasks\Run Dropbox" task for user "EDITOR\EDITOR". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943140.

I use the Task Scheduler wizard to build the task, so I figured that Microsoft builds it the way it should be built. The only argument I add is '/home', but I've also tried it with no arguments.

I'm logged in as an Administrator, and I also have dropbox.exe set to 'Run as Administrator'.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I just created a task on Windows 10 without an issue, using the same settings you have above. I entered /home as the argument, it was accepted and the task ran fine.

After a quick Google search I came across this:

2147943140 = 0x800702E4 = ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED = The requested operation requires elevation

Is your Editor account, as seen in your screenshots, an administrator? The account I used is, so that might be the difference.

View solution in original post

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I suggest speaking to the Microsoft people about the error sebrame - maybe contact their forums?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I just created a task on Windows 10 without an issue, using the same settings you have above. I entered /home as the argument, it was accepted and the task ran fine.

After a quick Google search I came across this:

2147943140 = 0x800702E4 = ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED = The requested operation requires elevation

Is your Editor account, as seen in your screenshots, an administrator? The account I used is, so that might be the difference.

sebrame
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks, but I'd already looked up the error code, that's why I mentioned that I'm logged in as an Administrator.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Well, Windows is definitely complaining about administrative access, so that's where your problem is. Is the user you specified the same one that you originally installed Dropbox with?

sebrame
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes. There is only one User Account on this machine.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I suggest speaking to the Microsoft people about the error sebrame - maybe contact their forums?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey sebrame, at this point I’d also fully agree with Mark & Rich, as they’re pointing you in the right direction. 

If you need more assistance with your Dropbox account, please feel free to get back in touch at any time in the future & we’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from here. Thanks!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. ]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?