cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Turn off "What's wrong with this notification?"

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to disable the prompt that appears everytime a notification is cleared from the desktop app? You have the option to chose "It's annoying or not interesting" yet the notifications continue to appear and they are made even more annoying by being forced to click through this prompt each time. Currently I have all notifications turned off. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.23.02 PM.png

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Turn off "What's wrong with this notification?"

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @kbh987!

Could you please clarify which notifications you get this pop up message for, and let me know which notifications you’ve marked on your desktop app not to get notified for

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Per your request, please see below. Since I removed the past notifications, I had someone add me to a folder just for this example. The prompt appears when selecting 'Remove'. 

I assume this isn't a bug, and that users are expected to just click "Mark as Read" as opposed to Remove. It just seems like an extra step when trying to keep things clean. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 2.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 2.00.14 PM.png

*Note, additional notification settings on Dropbox.com are all disabled. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info and effort on this, @kbh987, it definitely paints a clearer image on the behavior you’re experiencing. Also, please note that I removed some info included in the screenshot for security and privacy purposes. 

Moving on to your concern, indeed, the Remove option prompts you with the message (as per your original post) to send this as feedback to the team for review so as to improve the desktop app experience. 

I do understand though how important this is for you, so I’ve made sure to also share your thoughts on this with the dev team. If you have any other comments or thoughts you’d like me to forward, let me know. Thanks! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?