cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off the "Finish Setup"

Turn off the "Finish Setup"

Pendozer
New member | Level 2

I don't really want to use this app, but have to for an app I am using on Wordpress.  I'm NOT going to upload folders or connect to any of my devices.  I don't like apps trying to tell me what to do. Right off the bat Dropbox is putting this flag in my face.  On the right side it says "Finish your setup".  I'm not going to do that. I'm NOT going to upload a folder.  How can I make this pathetic app stop doing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Turn off the "Finish Setup"

Pendozer
New member | Level 2

I got it figured out. I went into setting and pretty much told it to piss off.  All I want is to add a couple of folders and that's it.  I much prefer mega.nz for everything else.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Pendozer
New member | Level 2

I got it figured out. I went into setting and pretty much told it to piss off.  All I want is to add a couple of folders and that's it.  I much prefer mega.nz for everything else.

View solution in original post

Pendozer
New member | Level 2

LOL... Is this app for children?  I replied to my post that I figure the problem out, and I got a badge!  LOL  WTF?  Maybe I got the wrong app.  Is this for ten-year olds?  Do we get participation trophies?  OMG!  Is there an adult version of this app?

blurbleblurbleblurble
New member | Level 2

I agree about dropbox.  It's typical infantile dot-com nonsense which (apparently correctly) assumes its audience has no intelligence.  This said, I have to use it to communicate with some people who have no intelligence.  The "Finish Setup" box is really annoying for me as well.  Can you elaborate on what you did to deactivate it?  I don't seem to be able to find an obvious option in settings (at least in the web version).   I even uploaded a dummy file to each folder, and that doesn't seem to shut it up either.

blurbleblurbleblurble
New member | Level 2

Ok, figured it out myself.   I'll explain how, in case anyone else has a similar issue.  When that animated sliding window appears on the right, there's a little message square in a big rectangle.  Both have window-killing "X"'s in the upper right corner.  Don't hit the "X" for the outer bit.  Hit the "X" for the inner square with the specific message.  The outer part is just a "message area" slider, but the inner one is the specific "finish this" setup message.  Why does it still show "Finish Setup" on the closed message area when you've done all this? Some idiot probably decided that the "message area" slider should show the title of the latest message when closed --- so it seems like the whole notification area is just that message.  Once you've killed the inner message, the stupid thing will shut up for good (or at least until dropbox decides to send you some other message). 

Pendozer
New member | Level 2

Good find!  I'll make sure to tell my followers about this.  Maybe Dropbox wants some of the idiots that use Facebook.  They'd all be about the same IQ.  Dropbox is nowhere close to the quality of Mega.nz.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pendozer New member | Level 2
    blurbleblurbleblurble New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?