cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off Computer Backup

Turning Off Computer Backup

SRaff
New member | Level 2

I was prompted to back-up my Mac to Dropbox and my files would all back-up there automatically. I declined, and can see that this is OFF. However, all of my files from my Mac are still being backed up by Dropbox and cluttering up all of my storage.

How do I turn this OFF and ensure it doesn't happen again?

1 Reply 1

Re: Turning Off Computer Backup

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @SRaff, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like you've enabled the computer backup feature, but not disabled it yet, since the files are still in the Dropbox folder.

Could you first try disabling the computer backup from Dropbox using the steps in the above article to see if this helps?

Afterwards, you'll get the option to move the folders and files back to their previous locations, which will also delete them from the Dropbox account online.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?