cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Dropbox accounts - Trouble removing one and adding the other

Two Dropbox accounts - Trouble removing one and adding the other

Orchard12
New member | Level 2

My husband and I both have drop box accounts. Mine was downloaded onto our home laptop. Now that he is working from home, he needs his dropbox account downloaded to the home laptop. I uninstalled my dropbox account from the home computer (Control panel - uninstall drop box etc).  I tried to re-install drop box onto the home laptop but it did not give me any options for sign in accounts and instead just automatically placed my dropboc account onto the laptop. Can anyone please help? Thank you

1 Reply 1

Re: Two Dropbox accounts - Trouble removing one and adding the other

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Orchard12, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you want to sign out of the desktop app, you'll have to unlink the device, following these steps.

Once you do this, any files in the Dropbox folder will remain locally, although they won't be syncing anymore. You can choose to either remove the Dropbox folder from your hard drive, or move it to another location before having another user sign in to their Dropbox account.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?