cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Re-opening issue - ubuntu right click on file does not show dropbox options

gebbione
Helpful | Level 5

Hi  @Daphne 
I am not sure what you mean by ticket number other than this forum post. As I mentioned previously there is no way to contact dropbox support directly so I re-opened this ticket as I already wrote at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Ubuntu-18-04-quot-right-click-link-quo...

Could you please take my input from here and provide some help? It is clear this is not an isolated case as other users do experience the same problem.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @gebbione, replying to a forum post is not the same as opening or reopening a ticket, since that can only be done on the support site, depending on your current plan.

Since the original post you made, is the Dropbox app on the latest version?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gebbione
Helpful | Level 5

@Jay either forum or ticket this is an active bug. 

Current version is 

$ dropbox version
Dropbox daemon version: 116.4.368
Dropbox command-line interface version: 2020.03.04

Bug still present

Jay
Dropboxer
@gebbione, would it be possible to contact you at the email associated with your forum profile to look into this in more detail?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gebbione
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jay, sure you can feel free to email me anytime.

Jay
Dropboxer
I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it as soon as you get a chance, thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

gebbione
Helpful | Level 5

hi @Jay I replied by email. Have you received it?

Mersed K.
New member | Level 2

I am having exactly the same issue. And I had it forever.

I am using dropbox for at least 5-7 years now, across 5 different machines with various systems (ubuntu, mac, windows ... name it). I dont have any issues what so ever with mac nor windows, but this thing never worked properly on ubuntu.

Behavior is random, and not defined. On ubuntu, sometimes when i right click - dropbox menu entry will be there, sometimes it will not.

gebbione
Helpful | Level 5

@Mersed K. and they will not fix it. This is what I was told by Dropbox support directly by email when providing details about my system to support

----------

I have checked with the engineering team looking into this issue. At this time, we are not actively working on a solution for this problem.

A resolution for this issue may come at a later date, but I don’t have a timeline right now.

Once there has been work done, the Dropbox Forum post on this issue will be updated.

----------

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hello @gebbione & @Mersed K.,

I'm just curious what's going on. Can you post output result of the following command when your menu doesn't show up:

ps ax | grep -v grep | grep dropbox-dist; cat ~/.dropbox/dropbox.pid; echo; dropbox status; netstat -x -p 2>/dev/null | grep -E "command_socket|iface_socket"

Post the command and result as appear in terminal. Let's hope this will shed some light.

Edit: typo error in the command corrected.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?