cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ubuntu system tray icon disappeared, can't access preferences

Ubuntu system tray icon disappeared, can't access preferences

salamanderer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am running the deskop app on Ubuntu 18.04 and my system tray disappeared altogether.  Dropbox is still syncing -- new fils show up immediately -- but I need to update the sync location and I can't do that without the indicator icon.

Is there a way to access my preferences without the indicator icon?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

salamanderer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I wound up running software updates and going to bed and the tray did indeed reappear.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

salamanderer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I wound up running software updates and going to bed and the tray did indeed reappear.

IamR3m
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No one solution described above can't help me. On my PC running Ubuntu 14.04 Unity and on laptop running 16.04 Unity. And on both at some time icon dissapears. dropboxd is running, but no icon in tray.

salamanderer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm trying to resolve two separate computers, and on one, just running system updates worked. On the other I still can't get the system indicator to appear.

I tried `dropbox stop && dbus-launch dropbox start` which did indeed stop and relaunch it, but did not make the tray icon appear.

`dropbox stop` followed by `.dropbox-dist/dropboxd` also stopped and restarted Dropbox but still no indicator.

`dropbox stop && DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=""` dropbox start worked great, too. It stopped it and restarted it but ... no indicator.

It's running and syncing just fine, but I need to move the sync location, which I can't do without an indicator.

Need more support?