cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-double 'Folder' icon in popover [Possibly already implemented+bug]

Un-double 'Folder' icon in popover [Possibly already implemented+bug]

ThijsB
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

A small improvement idea I thought of recently:

In the popover (or however it's called) when clicking the Dropbox icon in the statusbar, clicking the 'Folder' button reveals another two buttons: 'Open Dropbox folder' and 'Launch Dropbox website'.

Mac popover

I would love to see an additional button (with a 'Web' or 'Browser' icon), so that the 'Folder' icon can go the the Dropbox folder and the 'Browser' icon to the website with one less click.

Mac popover w/ browser icon

I know, it's only one click of difference, but it would make it two clicks instead of three.

Cheers!

P.S. Apologies for the low quality of editing, it's just to visualise.

8 Replies 8

Re: Un-double 'Folder' icon in popover

Rich
Super User II

Odd. It's already like that for Windows, and has been for a long time.

273be9f8489a17f34fc84ae825221a0d.png

ThijsB
Explorer | Level 4

Very strange.

On my work-PC it looks like this:

Windows 7 Enterprise

Both versions (my personal Mac and on the corporate PC) say they're version 20.3.16, which is strange, because according to Official release notes Dropbox is at version 16.4.30.

Rich
Super User II

ThijsB wrote:

according to Official release notes Dropbox is at version 16.4.30.

Ignore the Release Notes page. Dropbox does too. (I'll probably get in trouble for that :scream: )

The best place to see the last releases is on the forums.

And that's the same version that I'm running. The difference is that you seem to be on Windows 7, while I'm on 10.

ThijsB
Explorer | Level 4

Ok, that rules out being on a different version.

I'll check on my Windows 10 at home this evening then.

If it looks like yours, then I'll edit this post to be a Mac-specific suggestion.

ThijsB
Explorer | Level 4

Update:

On my Windows 10 PC, it looks the same as on my other computers:

Rich
Super User II

The only difference I can see is that you're a Basic user (you have an Upgrade link in the window) and I'm a Pro user. That being said, the software is the same for both account levels, so there should be no differences.

I'll poke one of the Dropbox people to see if they know why.

Mark
Super User II

Would the fact that we have two accounts linked together change some functionality? 

Also. At www.dropbox.com/account towards the bottom are you ticked to join any of the betas?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

I only have the one account in this example. I refuse to link any accounts to my main Pro account because it would result in the Dropbox folder being renamed, and that's no bueno.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
    ThijsB Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?