cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-selected folder still locally stored

Un-selected folder still locally stored

fschaub
Explorer | Level 3

I unselected a folder which is still showing locally on my computer and is using space. If I go to preferences, it's not selected.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Un-selected folder still locally stored

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, @fschaub

:thinking: Hmm, as a first step, have you tried to reboot your computer? Maybe that might do the trick. 

If not, could the third party app you mention be interfering by any chance with the process? For this reason, could you please try to disable it and then see if you’re able to selectively sync the folder. 

If the attempt is not successful and you’re still having some trouble with this, I’d recommend continuing this discussion via email due to account-specific info required. In this case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile and we can take it from there. 

Let me know how it goes and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @fschaub. As a first step, could you please let me know what your Dropbox icon reads when you hover over it and send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of it? Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fschaub
Explorer | Level 3

Version 59.4.93

Up to date.

fschaub
Explorer | Level 3

The folder is protected by Sookasa.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, @fschaub

:thinking: Hmm, as a first step, have you tried to reboot your computer? Maybe that might do the trick. 

If not, could the third party app you mention be interfering by any chance with the process? For this reason, could you please try to disable it and then see if you’re able to selectively sync the folder. 

If the attempt is not successful and you’re still having some trouble with this, I’d recommend continuing this discussion via email due to account-specific info required. In this case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile and we can take it from there. 

Let me know how it goes and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

neyugnan
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there! I am facing this same issue where I have unselected a folder from Selective Sync, but it's still showing that it is stored locally. However, there are no third-party apps installed to interfer with this (as far as I am aware) and I also rebooted my computer and the folder is visible. When hovering over the folder icon, the following is shown: 

Date created: 12/29/2018
Empty Folder

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @neyugnan, thanks for carrying out some initial troubleshooting steps - awesome work!

Could you also confirm if there are any syncing icons on the folder in question and if you see it in your selective sync settings as checked or unchecked? Additionally, could you send me a screenshot (without personal info) of what the Dropbox icon shows when you click on it?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    neyugnan Explorer | Level 4
    fschaub Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?