cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Desktop App on Windows 10 v1809

Unable to Install Desktop App on Windows 10 v1809

usmcrave99
New member | Level 2

This new version of Windows 10, the October 2018 Update, is blocking the install of the Dropbox Desktop App.  Trying to run the .exe, downloaded from the site, prompts the Store Experience Host, offering the App on the Windows Store.  Even after installing the stupid Store app, and selecting Sync to again run the Desktop App install, the Store Experience Host still pops up.  You cannot get around this popup to enable local folder syncronization.

StoreExperience.jpg

5 Replies 5

Re: Unable to Install Desktop App on Windows 10 v1809

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @usmcrave99

Have you by any chance given the advanced reinstall a shot? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

usmcrave99
New member | Level 2

No, this was a fresh installation of Windows.  The program was never installed in the first place, so there are no pre-existing files to delete in %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMFILES% or %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%.  The UAC also never pops up, even when forced to Run as Administrator, it always immediately opens Store Experience Host.

I have verified that this does not happen on Windows 10 v1803 (the April 2018 Update).  This is definitely a problem with v1809.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, @usmcrave99

In order to further investigate on the matter, due to account-specific info required, I’ve made sure to contact you to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Onebigpapa
New member | Level 2

I"m having the same issues and my IT says our firewalls not blocking it. I get the following error "Your computer is currently offline. Please check your network settings."

I was able to download and post here so computer is not offline. Dropbox_Error.JPG

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that; as a first step, could you please check if there are any third-party apps that could be blocking/hindering the app from running, like an antivirus?

You could additionally try temporarily disabling your antivirus or security program or configure your firewall to work with Dropbox.

I’d also recommend having a look through this article for more suggestions in case you come across something that might help resolve this issue for you. 

If you’re still experiencing the same behavior, try an advanced reinstallation - maybe that will do the trick, instead. 

If this doesn’t resolve this either, we’d have to move this discussion to email due to account-specific info that’ll be required to further investigate, in which case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know how it goes and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Onebigpapa New member | Level 2
    usmcrave99 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?